Watch a Speech
Mark C. Thompson - Keynote Topics
Make Change Happen
How world-class teams lead change faster
Make Sales Happen
Level 5 Sales Growth and Good to Great Business Performance
NOW, Build a Great Business!
Customer Service that's Built to Last, Seven Ways to Boost Profits in Any Market
Prior to every engagement, Mark Thompson and his Stanford team will interview executives and customers of your firm in order to create an exact fit with the theme of your event. This added insight will increase engagement and excitement of the audience, and will assure that our research is right on target with your organization.
Make Change Happen — Success Built to Last
- How do you convince your team not only to embrace change, but actually lead the transformation now — with urgency and passion?
- How have world-class firms taken the leap that you're facing?
- What's the difference between the top 3 market leaders & all others?
- How do you take advantage of turbulence in your markets in order to steal bases on competitors and build value for customers?
- What are the three fundamental factors that galvanize change in every person?
- What are the seven steps to change in every organization?
Some speakers talk about change and growth, but they've never done it before. Thompson has made it happen. He's been an operating executive with a front-row seat on transformations at Charles Schwab, and a board member at Best Buy, and Apple's top iPhone and iPad app companies. He's worked directly with executive teams at Nokia, NIKE, Unilever, Baird, Bank of New York and 35 firms in the US, Europe, Asia and Brazil in 12 industries. Thompson bets his own wallet on change and innovation by investing directly in emerging companies that are on the leading edge of change and transformation of their industries.
Make Sales Happen — Practical Ways to Boost Business
- The Invisible Close — How to win clients who don't want to be sold. What is Level 5 Sales Growth and how it can take Business Performance from Good to Great?
- Create Your Irresistible Offer — Defining better outcomes and benefits
- How to Build Partnerships From the Start — Investing in client loyalty
- What Does Your Market Crave? Helping clients understand the cost of ignoring your offer. How to gain strategic advantage over every other offer.
- Five Mistakes That Repel Customers & Cut Sales in Half
- Five P's That Double Sales: Positioning–Pain–Promise–Proof–Planning
- How to convert loyal clients into higher ticket up-sell opportunities
- The Two Personalities of the World's Most Profitable Clients
NOW, Build a Great Business! — Service That's Built to Last, 7 Ways to Boost Profits in Any Market
- How world-class teams generate unstoppable growth
- Five Customer Service strategies that are Built to Last
- Seven ways to boost profits in any market
- How to actually grow leaders from Good to Great — Level 1 to 5 — What are the three steps necessary for developing the best teams?
- What are the best practices from managers and entrepreneurs with track records of more than two decades of success?
- What are the critical three drivers of influence for every high achiever?
Based on the business classic Built to Last that sold over one million copies, Thompson reveals the tools of the world's most successful leaders for the sequel, Success Built to Last. This inspiring and fun keynote provides the secrets from hundreds of high producers with whom Mark has studied and met face-to-face.
ADDED BUSINESS VALUE: All presentations include a special survey of your industry and interviews with your audience or customers that is included in Mark Thompson's keynote speech. His program will feature video clips from interviews with actual leaders in your business and other world-class firms.
Mark C. Thompson - Biography
One of the most successful senior business communication executives and angel investors of our time, Mark C. Thompson is Charles Schwab's former Chief Customer Experience Officer, Chief Communications Officer and Executive Producer of Schwab.com.
During his tenure, Schwab's client assets grew ten-fold to more than $800 billion dollars in over 5 million accounts.
Mark Thompson is a widely recognized expert on Built to Last (coauthored by Jim Collins and Jerry Porras). While at Stanford, Thompson and Porras joined forces to launch a global study to create the international bestseller: Success Built to Last.
For your keynote, Thompson will use the principles of Built to Last, Good to Great and Level V Leadership specifically applied to your organization and industry.
Mark Thompson will interview your managers prior to his keynote to make sure his message clearly supports your organization's goals and objectives.
In 2010, the American Management Association published Now, Build a Great Business—ranked #2 overall on the USAToday, Barnes & Noble and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists, and #1 on Barnes & Noble and Amazon in 3 categories: Leadership, Management and Entrepreneurial Innovation. Mark also edited books for Harvard Business Press—Weathering the Storm and Crisis As Opportunity.
Thompson is Chairman of the American Express Leadership Series on Facebook for Peter Drucker's Leader to Leader Institute. The series features Jim Collins, Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Ford CEO Alan Mulally, Zappos founder Tony Hsieh and over 100 other leaders. Thompson is a Member of the Board of the Leader to Leader Institute and is an investor and advisor to 8 companies. He has served on the faculty of the World Economic Forum, John F. Kennedy University, and a scholar at Stanford University.
KEYNOTE TOPICS include:
2) Make Sales Happen – Level 5 Sales Growth & Good to Great Performance
3) Built to Last – Customer Service
Thompson is a current Member of the Board of Directors and founding investor in Smule.com, one of Apple's top iPhone and iPad applications companies. He was also Executive Producer of Schwab.com and Chairman of Rioport, which popularized the mp3 audio technology now used in Apple's iTunes.
In addition to an MBA, Thompson holds a Masters degree in Social Media studies from Stanford University, where he became an investor in Facebook, Baynote, CNS Response, Cancer Genetics, Goldman Sachs Special Opportunities
Thompson is a Visiting Scholar at Stanford University and a founding advisor to the Stanford Realtime Venture Design Lab. He has also served on the faculty of John F. Kennedy University, World Economic Forum, Tony Robbins Business Mastery series.
Best Buy Enterprises – Member of the Board of Directors and the Nominating & Audit Committees (2000-2004). Board initiative to buy GEEK SQUAD and invest in NETFLIX as a start-up.
Forbes List: Top 100 Venture investors with the Midas touch.
Fortune 500 Companies: on Board of Directors of Korn Ferry Intl.* (2001-2004)
Mark Thompson is the Napoleon Hill of the 21st Century. A best selling author, corporate advisor, economic wizard and leadership guru who's best selling books and keynotes inspire leaders. —Teri Whitcraft, ABC NEWS
Mark Thompson's inspiring message is just what your leadership team needs! He customizes his keynotes to provide actionable ideas and insight for your organization. —Susanne Lyons, Chief Marketing Officer, VISA
Business leadership coach Mark Thompson, bestselling author of "Success Built to Last" at Stanford, launched a worldwide Thought Leadership Series starting with Ford Motor Company and the Leader to Leader Institute, along with Proctor & Gamble CEO AG Lafley, Jim Collins, Frances Hesselbein, Marshall Goldsmith and many more to come. These are wonderful!!!!..... Thank you Mark!! —Alan Mulally, Ford's CEO
Mark Will Keynote & Host Your Meeting
Videos of Mark's Keynotes
Three Ways Good to GREAT Leaders Build Trust & Employee Engagement: How Sir Richard Branson Wins Loyalty (02:54)
Forbes.com Interview - Making Your Mark (05:22)
Redefining Passion (03:45)
Joann Burns, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Research and New Media 20th Television and MyNetworkTV (0:24)
Wendy Lisogar-Cocchia - Chair, Vancouver Board of Trade; CEO, Century Plaza Hotel and Absolute Spa Group (0:38)
Daryl Cromer, Vice President PC Innovation Lab; Principal Technologist & Distinguished Engineer, ThinkPad - Lenovo (00:47)